Thursday, January 17, 2008

A New Year


Christmas ended up being really great. It was different this year spending it between 2 families, but ended up working out really well. Christmas Eve Brandon and I slept at his parents house. His family celebrates each year with German traditions, such as lighting candles on the tree, a traditional dinner, singing songs and lots of games! The fun ended around 1:30AM just in time to get a little sleep before waking up early to drive up to Logan. Luckily, Brandon's twin and his wife were leaving the next morning so the 4 of us got up early and left. I was happy we made it in time to my parents house to open presents. The greatest part about everything was actually being able to spend time with Brandon! With his extremely busy schedule during a typical week we only get to see each other a few times for an hour here and an hour there. So, two full days was great!!! New Years he worked of course, but I was able to drive up to my parents cabin in Bear Lake and spend the night with my family. It was great because we all went skiing New Years Day!!
LAST weekend was also wonderful. Brandon and I got to go up to Logan and spend some time with my family. My little brother Ben went through the temple for the first time because next week he will be entering the MTC and leaving to serve a 2 year mission to Paraguay. We spent Friday and Saturday night at my parents house which was great!! I brought the Wii up and we ended up playing that thing for hours. ALSO, I got a new camera for my birthday!! Brandon and I picked it out at Best Buy. I am really excited about it because my old camera was 3 years old and kind of out of date. Technically, my BDAY isnt for another week, by my mom let me have it early :) Here are a few photos from it. I need to figure out how to use the red eye reduction. This camera is way more high tech than my last one, so it will take some learning. Of course my cute nephews were with us. Brandon taught Carter how to play Wii sports!







3 comments:

Emily Call said...

Hey Kristin,
Sounds like you had a good time. Oh, and Happy Early Birthday! Enjoy your new camera!

The Ericksons said...

Hey! I was just thinking about you and how your birthday was coming up! Yes, I did remember. It sounds like you are doing great. Life in Cali is great and the weather is beautiful!

Char said...

Don't you think that was being a little easy spending the night at Brandon's for Christmas. You might want to think of playing hard to get. Glad you had a good holiday. Happy Birthday!! Love the pictures from the new camera. I might have to call you spoiled.